HGUC Zaku Sniper: Work in progressJune 22, 2015 at 16:16 | Posted in Work In Progress | Leave a comment
Tags: HGUC Char Zaku II Origin, HGUC Zaku Sniper, kitbash, work in progress, Zeon Remnant Project
The Zaku Sniper is one of my favourite Zaku variants, but the old HGUC kit feels like it can be further improved. For one, the proportions seem a bit off, especially the oversized head. So after getting the appropriate spare parts for a kitbash, I was ready to start this project:
Head: The original Zaku Sniper head looks slightly oversized so I replaced it with the HGUC Zaku II Black Tristars head. I removed the power cable & filled the gaps with epoxy putty. On the left side of the head I drilled a hole to attach the antenna and at the back, I cut off the small fin from the original head and reattached it to the modified head. I made a small cut on the forehead, following the original design. For the monoeye, I simply glued the original piece to the modified head.
Torso: I used the original upper chest with no modifications. I used the hips from Char’s Zaku II Origin version. To connect it to the upper chest, I used a double ball joint. I added some 2mm plaplate at the bottom of the waist part to make it longer. I also cut and pasted the part that looks like a belt buckle from the original to the modified part.
Arms: The original parts were used, but I further elongated the biceps with 1.2mm plaplate. The forearms were composed of two parts; I glued the lower part slightly away from the top part. This makes the forearm a bit longer, but also leaves a gap between the two parts. I then filled the gap with epoxy putty.
Legs: I totally replaced the original legs with the Char’s Zaku II Origin version. Some holes for the power cables were filled with plaplate and I attached the right knee from the original kit. I also decided to cover up some extra panel lines on the legs to make them look more uniform with the rest of the body.
Weapons: I replaced the sniper rifle buttstock with the one from the Zaku II F2 machine gun. I also removed the extra plastic part at the bottom of the grip. No changes were made to the backpack.
I added an axe from the MSG knife set and to attach it to the side skirt, I made a holder using plaplate & spare runner.