HGUC GM III: Work in progressFebruary 10, 2016 at 13:34 | Posted in Work In Progress | 2 Comments
Tags: HGUC GM III, work in progress
I thought I’d start off 2016 with a relatively simple build. No kitbashing, just a simple out of box build. I wanted to take a break from Zeon mobile suits, so I chose the HGUC GM III. As I was snap-fitting, I thought, “Hmmm…this part could do with some small changes”, and so it snowballed from there.
Waist & hip: I elongated the hip part initially using 1.2mm plaplate, and then added a further 1mm underneath. In doing so, I also had to elongate the connecting peg, which I did using 2 sheets of 1.2mm plaplate (2.4mm total). On the front skirt I glued a strip of plaplate and scribed some holes on the crotch armor. On the back skirt, I did the same (scribed some holes) and glued some round plates.
Arms & legs: I just simply scribed some new panel lines on the forearms and glued some plaplate sheets near the wrist. I elongated the thighs using 1.2mm plaplate attached to the top end. Also added some new panel lines on the thighs.
Weapons: I decided to use some leftovers from my previous projects. The beam rifle is from the Jesta Cannon kit, unmodified. I also decided to arm it with the the beam javelin that came from an issue of Gundam Ace magazine. The shield is from Jegan ECOAS and I attached some pieces of 0.5mm plaplate on it to mimic reactive armor seen on tanks.
As you can see, I got a bit carried away with my modifications. This certainly is not an Out of Box build anymore, but I still won’t call it a kitbash.
For painting, I tried out different color variations using a lineart image and photoshop. The color scheme I decided on is a slight variation of the Desert Colors version, with some digital camo patterns. Something like this: