HGUC Gouf – Work in progress

September 3, 2016 at 01:48 | Posted in Work In Progress | Leave a comment
Tags: , , , ,

I happen to have some Gouf spare parts lying around. Instead of throwing them away, I decided to buy more spare parts and build a proper Gouf. For this project I will be using parts from three kits: HGBF Gouf R35, HG Prototype Gouf, and HGUC Gouf Revive.

Head: I’ll be using the Gouf R35 head, because the other two’s heads look too goofy. I wanted a fancier-looking antenna, so I attached one from MS Blade.

goufwip_01

Instead of the sticker monoeye, I drilled a hole and attached a clear, pink lens.

goufwip_01b

Body: I used the Gouf Revive body for this, with no modification. Well, except for the power cables that run from the crotch to the backpack. I didn’t like the empty gaps on the bended areas, so I cut them off and replaced them with the soft, bendy cables from MSG. To connect them to the original cables, I just used a wider diameter pipe and super-glued them together.

goufwip_04 goufwip_05

Arms: I used the shoulders and biceps from the Prototype Gouf. The shoulder spikes looked a bit blunt, so I replaced the smaller ones with MSG Spikes. For the bigger, curved spike, I cut off a small bit from the tip. Then I attached a small piece of 1.2mm plaplate. After the glue has dried, I carefully sanded off the extra plastic until the tip is pointy.

goufwip_02

The forearms were from the Gouf R35. On the forearm attachment, I removed the ‘thumb’ parts and covered the gaps with putty.

goufwip_03

Legs: I used the Gouf Revive legs as they were, with no modifications. I simply added some panel lines on the thighs.

Weapons: For melee weapons, I purchased a pair of swords from the HG Dynames Arms Arms kit. I wanted to mount them on the backpack, so I put together some random joints to act as connecting pegs.

goufwip_06 goufwip_07

The original Gouf never had a rifle, so I decided to make one. Not from scratch of course, I’m not that skilled enough to do so. Instead I used the GM 100mm machine gun as base. I replaced the barrel with a spare runner, attached to a MS Lens holder. I also replaced the side grip with a cylindrical one. I used a shorter wire stock left over from my MSV Desert Zaku kit.

goufwip_08 goufwip_09

For the color scheme, I will go for the Gouf Prototype Sand Color theme. Something like this:

gouf-sandcolor

Advertisements

Leave a Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: