Efreet Schneid – Work in progressOctober 27, 2016 at 22:35 | Posted in Work In Progress | Leave a comment
Tags: Efreet Schneid, resin kit, work in progress, Zeon Remnant Project
Kept you waiting, huh..
After months of being in a state of disregard, I finally decided to focus my attention on the the Efreet Schneid. My initial plan for this build is to merge an Efreet Nacht resin kit with some existing HG Gouf kits. I changed my mind many times as I tried to mix and match parts to see which combination works. That has led to some delay to my Zeon Remnants Project but I eventually settled on the final look. Rather than keeping to the original Efreet Schneid design, I aimed for this look instead, minus the spiky shoulders.
Head: I’m using the resin kit for the head. Unfortunately I broke the commander horn, but I replaced it with a spare one from a HGUC Zaku kit.
To connect the head to the body, I attached a small pipe at the neck so that the head can swivel sideways.
Body: I experimented with different chests: Gouf chest, and then a HiZack chest. I was not satisfied with either of them, so I decided to use the resin kit chest. Problem was, how to attach the arms, head and waist to the chest? I solved it by drilling holes in the resin chest and attaching various ball joint sockets for the arms, head and waist.
I used the midriff from my Gouf R35 kit, but I had to modify it to accommodate the resin chest. Parts were trimmed off, and gaps were filled with either plaplate or putty.
The backpack from the resin kit was used as it is, except for the additional pipe to accommodate the power cables from the abdomen.
The hips were from the Gouf R35 kit. I attached a square vent at the groin.
Arms: I initially wanted to use the Efreet Nacht shoulders + Gouf R35 arms, but I had problems attaching them together. So I scrapped that idea and used Gouf Custom shoulders and arms instead. I removed the spikes from the shoulders and will replace them with flat, round plates.
I removed the bulge on the right forearm that accommodates the Gouf whip. The resulting gap was filled with putty.
Legs: This was another part that got me stuck. I used the thighs and knee joints from the Gouf Custom; that’s no problem. I wanted to use the lower legs from the resin kit, but there’s no gap for me to attach the knee joints. So I abandoned them and just used the Gouf Custom lower legs. I did however attach some 0.5mm plaplate on the lower shins.
And also some square vents at the feet:
Weapons: I purchased a Giant Bazooka from the Johnny Riden Zaku kit at Yellow Submarine. For melee weapons, I used some daggers that came with the resin kit.
In addition, I used the giant beam axe from System Weapons 007. But the pole was too long, so I cut off some of it and reattached them with a pipe.
Painting: No custom color scheme this time; I’ll be using the original Efreet Schneid color scheme, in all its purple glory.