Efreet Schneid

December 6, 2016 at 19:57 | Posted in 1/144 scale | Leave a comment
Tags: , , ,

Introduction:

It’s been a while since I last finished a kit for the Zeon Remnants Project. As the clock winds down on 2016, I was finally able to complete another one.
I took some artistic liberties and built something that resembles an Efreet Schneid using parts from an Efreet Nacht resin kit, a HG Gouf R35 and HGUC Gouf Custom kits.

Materials & methods:

The work in progress page can be found here.

I decided to stay true to the Efreet Schneid color scheme. Major colors are two shades of purple, some grey, with some white and orange parts. I didn’t exactly measure the paint ratio, but it’s roughly like this:

  • Deep purple: 25% red + 25% blue + 25% MS Purple (Gundam color) + 25% german gray
  • Light purple: 25% red + 25% blue + 50% MS Purple
  • Grey: Light gull gray
  • Orange: 90% Orange-yellow + 10% red
  • Weapons are painted with my own blend of gray.

After the paint has dried, I followed it up with the typical steps: decals, light weathering & flat topcoat.

Results:

Although not in my initial plan, I thought I might as well paint the spiky shoulders from the Efreet Nacht kit.

Some poses with the weapons:

Efreet Schneid bazooka

Efreet Schneid beam axe

And finally this is my attempt at recreating some scenes from Episode 4 of the Unicorn OVA.
GM II Semi Striker heat daggerEfreet Schneid vs GM II Semi StrikerEfreet Schneid vs GM II Semi Striker

Discussion:

This build involved a lot of trial and error, almost to the point where I almost gave up on it. The big challenge was combining resin parts with plastic HG parts. In the end, I only used the resin parts for the torso and head.

And as you can see from some closeup photos, the quality of the resin kit wasn’t that good. Other complaints are the front skirt armor. Like my previous HGUC Gouf revive, they tend to pop out when the thigh is moved forwards.

Another thing I noticed was actual paint chipping. Not the weathering effect, but the real thing where the original blue plastic or white resin became exposed. Not sure of the cause, but I just painted over it with black gundam marker.

Despite the imperfections, I’m rather pleased with the outcome. Now that this is finished, I have a few more kits left to go before I can conclude the Zeon Remnants Project.

Advertisements

Leave a Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: