Zaku Cannon – Work in progress

February 28, 2017 at 22:04 | Posted in Work In Progress | 1 Comment
Tags: , , ,

The Zaku Cannon has been a work in progress for quite some time now. After many delays and revisions, I finally decided on the final look. This build is a combination of several HG kits, a Zaku Cannon resin kit and the old MSV Zaku Cannon kit.

Head:

I used the head from the HGUC Zaku II (Johnny Ridden) kit as the base. To it, I glued the mouthpiece from the Zaku Cannon resin kit.

zakucan-wip_01

On the top of the head, I glued the forehead sensor from my HGUC Ground Gundam. At the back of the head, I removed some bits that hold the power cable and added an antenna from the MSV Zaku Cannon kit.

zakucan-wip_02

Chest:

For the top part of the chest, I used the part from the resin kit. I drilled a bigger hole on it to accommodate the shoulder joints, which were from HGBC Bolden Arms Arms. The neck joint is just simply a leftover polycap joint. At the bottom, I attached a ball-joint socket (Hobbybase) to attach it to the hips.

zakucan-wip_03  zakucan-wip_04

The midriff is another leftover part from my Char’s Zaku II Origin kit. I attached additional plaplate to add more length and girth.

zakucan-wip_05

Hips:

The hip was from another Zaku II Origin kit but I replaced the orignal polycap socket with the one from Hobby Base. On the front skirt armor, I attached some leftover parts from the Efreet Nacht resin kit.

zakucan-wip_06

Arms:

I used the resin kit shield on the right shoulder. I glued a socket from a HGUC Zaku II F2 shield to attach it to the shoulder. In addition, I glued some plaplate along the edges and within the shield to add some girth and detail, respectively.

zakucan-wip_07
On the left shoulder, I used the MSV kit shoulder armor. I replaced the original spikes with the ones from MS Spike. To make a rough surface, I smothered the part with basic putty and using a worn toothbrush, I made random strokes over the surface.

zakucan-wip_08
To attach the shield to the shoulder, I used the joint from a RG Zaku kit.

zakucan-wip_09 zakucan-wip_10
The arms were from the HG Gouf R35 kit. The biceps were elongated by 1.2mm and the gaps on the forearm were filled with epoxy putty.

zakucan-wip_11 zakucan-wip_12

Legs:

This was the part where I had the most problems. In the end, I took the easy way out and just used the HG Bugu legs. No mods except for the thighs. I covered up the panel lines with basic putty.
zakucan-wip_13

Weapons:

All the main weapons for this kit are attached to the backpack, which is from the resin kit. The main cannon was actually the Bigwig cannon that came included with a very old edition of Dengeki Hobby magazine. It’s supposed to be a huge cannon, but at 1/400 scale, it fits nicely on the shoulder of my 1/144 Zaku Cannon. To attach it to the backpack, I used several joints and the dog leg from GM Sniper K9.

zakucan-wip_14

The side cannons are from the MSV kit. I used a series of joints from Kotobukiya MSG and HGBC Bolden Arm Arms to connect them to the backpack.

zakucan-wip_15 zakucan-wip_16

On the left side of the backpack, I attached something that resembles a smoke grenade disperser on tanks.

zakucan-wip_18

Lastly, I modified a Zaku machinegun from the HGUC Zaku Sniper kit. I attached a vernier at the muzzle and added the stock from the Zaku Sniper rifle.

zakucan-wip_19

 

The completed kit can now be viewed here.

Advertisements

1 Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post.

  1. Lookin good ! I love zaku’s (EFSF at heart but these look cool)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: