GM/GM Command – Work in progress

May 31, 2018 at 00:25 | Posted in Work In Progress | Leave a comment
Tags: , , , , ,

After using one of the GM/GM heads for my HGUC GIMM build, I was left with two remaining heads. One of them looked like the GM Command head so I went along with that theme.

Head:
The head vulcans were replaced with some detail parts from Wave. A hole was drilled on the forehead sensor to accommodate a clear part, also from Wave. The chin protrusion was given a little shave.

Body:
To make the GM/GM body look more like the GM Command, a couple of pla-plate sheets were attached to the shoulders.

The chest vents from the actual HGUC GM Command kit were transplanted to the GM/GM chest. A significant portion was trimmed to make it fit inside the GM/GM chest.

The hips were from the GM/GM kit, with 1mm plaplate added on the crotchpiece.

The beam sabre holder from the GM Command kit was glued to the back skirt.

The front and side skirt armors were also from the GM Command kit.

Backpack:
The original GM Command backpack was used. To attach it to the GM/GM body, new pegs were made from spare runners.

Some details were added to the the backpack using a chisel.

Arms:
The shoulder armor was from the GM Sniper II kit. The position of the peg was modified so that the shoulder armor was raised. To do that, the original peg was cut, and then transplanted to a lower position.

The forearms were also from the GM Sniper II. They were elongated by 1.2mm using the standard method, and  square verniers were attached to the wrists.

Holes had to be drilled through the square verniers to accommodate the  hands.

Legs:
The GM/GM legs were used. Detail parts were added on the calves.

The soles of the GM/GM feet had some empty gaps. Normally I wouldn’t bother filling them up, but this time I just felt like doing so. Epoxy putty was used to do the job.

Armaments:
The GM Sniper K9 shield was used; two holes were drilled at the top of the shield for the round, grey bits. This was just so that I had less things to mask during painting.

The beam gun was from the original HGUC GM Command kit. The grip was a bit large for the GM/GM hands, so some trimming was needed.

I decided to stay true to the GM Command theme and went for the red/white color scheme.

Advertisements

Leave a Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: