Guard Frame – Work in progress

May 20, 2019 at 21:51 | Posted in Work In Progress | Leave a comment
Tags: , , ,

I already had a specific theme for the HGBD Guard Frame: riot police.

Head: The kit comes with two types of heads; I’m using the visor head for this build.

Waist: I’m using the waist from the Gundam MkII revive kit, with the front skirt armor from the GM/GM.

For the side armor, I’m using the ones from HGUC GP01. I cut & pasted the original Guard Frame side armor socket, and covered large gaps with epoxy putty.

That way it can fit the polycap joints on the waist.

I also attached some extra detail to it.

Backpack: The original backpack looks a bit plain, so I added a mix of detail parts from Wave and Kotobukiya MSG.

In line with the police theme, I attached police lights from the MSG Ballistic Shield set.

Shoulders: I wasn’t too keen on the original shoulders, so I replaced them with the ones from the HGBD Seravee Gundam Scheherazade kit. I changed the position of the peg using some spare GM parts, so that the shoulders are slightly raised.

I also added some detail parts to the shoulders.

Arms: I’m attaching RG Strike hands to the original arms. This involved simply gluing the RG wrist socket to a Kotobukiya pipe, and then attaching it to the original elbow joint. Some excess plastic inside the original forearms had to be removed to accommodate the RG wrist.

Legs: The original legs looked a bit scrawny, so I used the GM/GM legs instead. I liked the original knees, so I cut off the GM/GM knees and glued it there.

At the back, I attached some details from a scale model spare part I had lying around.

On the side of the calves, I attached some extra parts from the HCM-Pro Ez8 kit.

Armaments:
I’m using the leftover shield from the HG Bugu kit. I attached some plaplate the the bottom of the shield to make them pointier.

I needed a peg to attach the shield to the forearms, so I made a crude peg made from Bugu and GM spare parts.

For weapons, I used the shotgun from the MSG Ballistic Shield kit, and attached some spare ‘shells’ made from Jesta parts.

The gun was also from a MSG bazooka kit, but I replaced the grip with the one from the RG RX-78 beam rifle.

So here’s how it roughly looks like:

Advertisements

Leave a Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: