GBN-Guard Frame

May 24, 2019 at 20:15 | Posted in 1/144 scale | Leave a comment
Tags: , , , ,

Introduction:
The HGBD Guard Frame reminded me of a certain country’s riot police. With that theme in mind, I played around with various spare parts and MSG weapon units to get the look that I was aiming for.

Materials & methods:
The work in progress can be found here.
After priming and applying preshading, painting was as follows:
Head: Red madder
Chest, waist: Midnight blue + a bit of blue
Knees, feet: German gray
Other parts: Blue + german gray + intermediate blue
Joints: Dark gray (2)
Shield: Neutral gray
Weapons: Grey FS36118
No weathering this time, just panel lining, decals & flat topcoat.

Results:

Some action poses:

And the main reason for the RG hands: Little Armory weapons. The samurai sword in that last pic is from one of the Revoltech skeleton series.

Discussion:
The HGBD Guard Frame has a lot of similarities with the HGBF GM/GM, and to some extent with other recent HG kits. This means that I can swap parts rather easily for kitbashing.
Plus, the range of movement on the joints is also great, and I had fun posing it during photography. I also like that it comes with another head; comes in handy for kitbashing.
Overall, the HGBD Guard Frame is a solid kit, a fun build, and a new model for posing with my Little Armory weapons.

Advertisements

Guard Frame – Work in progress

May 20, 2019 at 21:51 | Posted in Work In Progress | Leave a comment
Tags: , , ,

I already had a specific theme for the HGBD Guard Frame: riot police.

Head: The kit comes with two types of heads; I’m using the visor head for this build.

Waist: I’m using the waist from the Gundam MkII revive kit, with the front skirt armor from the GM/GM.

For the side armor, I’m using the ones from HGUC GP01. I cut & pasted the original Guard Frame side armor socket, and covered large gaps with epoxy putty.

That way it can fit the polycap joints on the waist.

I also attached some extra detail to it.

Backpack: The original backpack looks a bit plain, so I added a mix of detail parts from Wave and Kotobukiya MSG.

In line with the police theme, I attached police lights from the MSG Ballistic Shield set.

Shoulders: I wasn’t too keen on the original shoulders, so I replaced them with the ones from the HGBD Seravee Gundam Scheherazade kit. I changed the position of the peg using some spare GM parts, so that the shoulders are slightly raised.

I also added some detail parts to the shoulders.

Arms: I’m attaching RG Strike hands to the original arms. This involved simply gluing the RG wrist socket to a Kotobukiya pipe, and then attaching it to the original elbow joint. Some excess plastic inside the original forearms had to be removed to accommodate the RG wrist.

Legs: The original legs looked a bit scrawny, so I used the GM/GM legs instead. I liked the original knees, so I cut off the GM/GM knees and glued it there.

At the back, I attached some details from a scale model spare part I had lying around.

On the side of the calves, I attached some extra parts from the HCM-Pro Ez8 kit.

Armaments:
I’m using the leftover shield from the HG Bugu kit. I attached some plaplate the the bottom of the shield to make them pointier.

I needed a peg to attach the shield to the forearms, so I made a crude peg made from Bugu and GM spare parts.

For weapons, I used the shotgun from the MSG Ballistic Shield kit, and attached some spare ‘shells’ made from Jesta parts.

The gun was also from a MSG bazooka kit, but I replaced the grip with the one from the RG RX-78 beam rifle.

So here’s how it roughly looks like:

Blog at WordPress.com.
Entries and comments feeds.